Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vegetable garden July








Well it is now July. The garden is doing pretty well. The seeds that did come up are getting bigger and I even have some tomotoes starting on one of the plants. The pepper plants that I started from seed seem to be lagging behind the ones that I was given as seedlings. I think I either need to start them sooner at home or maybe just do seedlings. The tomatoes that I started from seeds are doing well as are the beans and cucumbers which were direct seed. The onions and lettuce look to be doing the best right now. They are the biggest of the plants. I was also able to pick some nice size radishes they are quick and easy growers.

The hot pepper plants and strawberries that we have on the balcony are quite big. The herbs are growing fairly well, but I am not sure that they get enough sun where we have put them. Some of the lettuce from the containers on the balcony are done so I pulled them up and have planted some dill seeds in those spots.
Love
Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment