Well the seeds the I started indoors in the Jiffy Greenhouse have all with the exception of the Parsley have sprouted. Some of them started to sprout within 3 days after planting them. The rest of them have now sprouted. I also started some peppers and tomatoes on the 19th and they are now sprouted. The tomatoes sprouted before the peppers but now they are both up. The sprouts are growing taller and I keep them inside in the sun during the day. I am waiting for the true leaves to start and then I will start hardening them.
The strawberries outside are doing well. Some of them don't look like they will make it but I am going to give them a little more time before I give up on them. But most of them are doing well. They are everbearing and one of them has had flower buds and I have snipped them off. I am going to do that till the end of June and then after that let them be. This should produce a better strawberry crop for the end of summer/fall.
The mixed lettuces that I planted outside in the window boxes have sprouted as well. Quite a lot of them are up. They are looking well.
I am counting down the days now till we can into the allotment garden. Six more days and then the tilling will begin.
Love
Candy
Did you consider pole beans on your deck. Maw
ReplyDeleteI would probably consider them if we didn't have a garden as well. They would likely work well in the container garden as you can add cages to them when you build them.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Candy