Well we went away for the May 24th weekend. I watered the plants really well on Friday morning and was away till Tuesday evening. The plants were left with no one to water them. I was concerned that they wouldn't be alright. It was quite hot and sunny. We came back and the plants were fine. They had all grown while we were away and were looking pretty good. Some were a little wilted but the day after they were watered they looked fine. My strawberries had some nice flowers on them. Because they are everbearing and this is their first year I had to cut them off. Cutting off the flowers till the end of June is supposed to make the next berries better. It is sad to cut them off as they looked so nice and it meant strawberries would be next but alas it is best for the plant so away they had to go.
Some of the lettuce is going pretty yellow. From what I read it is looking like they are lacking nitrogen. Rather then go and buy nitrogen for them I looked into if there was something from home that I could use. I read that you can use coffee grounds. As we have coffee grounds I decided to try that. We will see how it works. I put some on this morning and watered them to help the grounds get into the dirt. Hopefully that works, if not I will see what else we can try.
Love
Candy
Well the coffee grounds appear to be working. There are less ants and ant holes. So I will continue to save coffee grounds and spread them around till they are completely gone.
ReplyDeleteLove
Candy